You must login to view contact information and reference details.|
Press here to login or create an account
Manage and grow a team/company to a highly energetic and profitable level. To use my management and global product development expertise to their maximum advantage.
- 5/2004 – 5/2006 Product Manager – Portable HDD Audio Players
- Thomson Hong Kong Holdings Ltd., Shatin/Hong Kong
- Defined and delivered Thomson’s range of hard disk based mp3 players from concept to market. Worked closely with the marketing and engineering teams to define product roadmap and execute on it. Managed and grew $8 million gross P&L for Thomson.
- 5/2001 – 5/2004 Lead Software Developer
- Thomson Inc., San Diego/CA
- Lead team to develop Win32 applications using Visual Studio and C++ for deployment with Thomson’s consumer line of mp3 players. Developed embedded, cross-platform database for PC/embedded environment.
- 6/1999 – 8/2000 Software Developer
- Center for Image Processing and Integrated Computing (CIPIC), Davis/CA
- Created three dimensional sound applications for Windows platform using Visual C++ and Directshow. Developed and created audio filters for performing 3D sound processing using CIPIC’s customized HRTF data.
- 6/1997 – 3/1998 Web Developer
- California Vet Diagnostic Lab System (CVDLS), Davis/CA
- Created full web based Helpdesk system for internal use using HTML, SQL, and PHP. Created robust tools for integrating Oracle and MySQL databases with the Internet using above languages.
- Product Management: Market research, product roadmap development, strategic planning, product development and management, scheduling, manufacturing, and budgeting. Intimate knowledge of Asia based operations (China/Hong Kong)
- Software Management: C++ software development, defect management, agile software techniques, project management
- Software Development: C, C++, Visual Studio, MS Directshow, SQL, PHP, Java, HTML, COM, ActiveX, database (Oracle,MySQL), assembly code
- Audio Engineering: 3-D spatial sound systems, mp3 and codecs, signal processing
- 12/2000: University of California, Davis
- Dual BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- 8/2005 – Patent Application US/EU – Thomson Inc.
- Creation of Playlists Using Audio Identification
- 12/2004 – Technical Author – CEA-2003-B
- Audiobook CD-MP3 Media and Player Requirements
Excellent verbal and communication skills. Creative thinker with in-depth business knowledge of large scale product development and Chinese/Asia operations.